The Network for Advocacy and Good Leadership Initiative A.KA. Abia Political Movement held its first ever political Town Hall Meeting themed: BECAUSE WE ARE ALL INVOLVED, on the 3rd of September 2022 at the Hills Hotels, Ugbor Hill Aba.
The event was chaired by Elder Engr. Mazi Nnamdi Udoh, other notable guests at the event include, the chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Abia chapter, Apostle Emmanuel Agumuo, representatives of various security agencies, political parties, INEC, students of the Abia state Polythenic, business men and women and a host of others too numerous to mention. In the course of the event, a lot of political issues affecting Abia and Nigeria were brought to the front burner and were discussed to educate and enlighten attendees.
In his welcome address the Director-General of NAGLI-APM Mazi Dr Agodi Kanu appreciated Abians for holding forte but that there’s hope for good governance and responsible leadership in Abia State. He opined that NAGLI-APM will partner with CAN and other stakeholders with a view to screening and properly guiding electorates. He expressed hope that Abia will rise again.
The INEC representative took turn after the DG to answere some of the questions bothering the electorates and assured that the 2023 elections will be fair and credible.
Read the COMMUNIQUE at the end of the meeting
COMMUNIQUE AT THE END OF NAGLI-APM TOWN HALL MEETING HELD AT HILLS HOTEL, OGBOR HILL, ABA ABIA STATE ON SATURDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER, 2022 UNDER THE DISTINGUISHED CHAIRMANSHIP OF ELDER (ENGR) NNAMDI UDOH.*
1. That since most University Dons (Professors) have lately failed to be fair and decisive as Returning Officers, that the electoral umpire (INEC) should try deploying selected Clergy (Christians/Muslim) as Returning Officers in 2022 general election. This is occasioned by the lingering strike which has further impoverished them and therefore will make them prone to abuse and subversion of the process.
2. That Traditional Rulers and Town Union Leaders should remain nonpartisan as their subjects belong to various political parties and must never stop any party recognized by INEC and candidates cleared by INEC from campaigning in their domains. They were enjoined to maintain peace and improve security.
3. That INEC must ensure and use every plausible means to deliver registered voters PVC card.
4. That all Security Agencies must be neutral and refuse being used by political parties and candidates in power and corrupt politicians to subvert the will of the people in our democratic journey.
5. That the Youths were further encouraged to take part in politics as their tomorrow starts today and to refuse being used by disgruntled politicians to achieve their selfish desires.
6. That the electorate should stop collecting peanuts in the form of gratification to vote in corrupt leaders as their value is worth much more than N5,000 to N50,000 for the next four years.
7. That Abians should have full confidence on INEC especially the introduction of Bimodial Voters Accreditation System (BIVAS). It congratulated INEC on successful conduct of governorship elections especially in Anambra, Ekiti and Osun.
8. That the current brouhaha rocking political parties both in leadership and their candidates is glaring lack of Internal Democracy in political parties Congresses and Primary election. It urged credible men and women of integrity to step out and takeover headship of parties as corrupt political system produces corrupt candidates and by extension corrupt leaders. It further identified increased political litigation to nontransparent parties electoral process.
9. That political leaders at all levels must provide good governance to her people as a panacea to unemployment, insecurity, poverty and underdevelopment that the people may rejoice towards a New Nigeria.
10. That NAGLI-APM and her over 92,000 PVC carrying members will only support candidates that will pass her test of sanity, credibility, intelligence and non-godfatherism in Governorship, Senatorial, House of Representatives and House of Assembly elections.
11. That NAGLI-APM is willing and available to partner with like-minded organizations including INEC to deliver free, fair and credible general election in Nigeria.
… *powered by NAGLI-APM*