Former Minister for Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode has reacted to the disclosure by the Nigerian Army where it said that Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu had invited them to intervene when the #EndSARS protests escalated.
The fallout of the invitation was the gruesome shooting at the Lekki Toll Plaza, which Sanwo-Olu disclosed yesterday was carried out by the military.
But a statement by the Nigerian Army on Tuesday evening denied having anything to do with the shooting at Lekki which left about 27 persons injured and two dead, according to the State Government.
The Army insisted that they were duly invited by Sanwo-Olu to douse the tension that had trailed the protests, especially after the declaration of a 24-hour curfew earlier that fateful Tuesday.
Fani-Kayode who took to his Twitter page to respond to the Army’s latest statement, said that it would have telling consequences on the Lagos State Governor.
“The @HQNigerianArmy claim it was the LASG that asked for soldiers to be deployed at Lekki. The implications of this for @jidesanwoolu are grave. He has been thrown under the bus by the military,” he said.